Bloglogger Lair

Me. My thoughts. And they won't kill.

AUTHOR: DLAUPOSER
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Why Are They All Leaving? The Finale

There are two main reasons why many members are leaving BEC. In my previous posts, I have touched on the first reason. Now I will state the second reason.

Sorry if I come across as complaining. I am not. The only purpose of these posts is to highlight the real reasons behind people leaving BEC. I just don't want people to feel that the departed members "mistook the devil's voice for the Lord's voice". They did not. The true reasons for their departure, according to my investigation and analysis are as follows:

Firstly, some members departed because certain remarks passed by some of the leaders are so needless, tactless and hurtful. These leaders have high expectations of others but are stingy in their encouragement. Week in, week out all they hear are negative remarks although they are making the effort to improve. It is as if they owed them a living. But they don't. Refer to my previous posts if you want to know more.

Secondly, many members departed because of Leng Hong. They cannot get along with her due to her attitude and the way she goes about doing things. This is what I am going to touch on.

Here are some REAL examples... You judge for yourselves...

Example No. 1

Pastor Peter and LH were paired up to do some work. LH had suggested that they meet at a place, but Pastor Peter was not sure where that place was. Therefore, he suggested to her...

Pastor Peter: Why don't you pick me up at my house instead?

LH: Petrol very expensive leh, heh heh.

Pastor Peter: I'll pay for the petrol then.



Example No. 2

LH offers to drive a mandarin service member, Jon, my mum, dad and sis home after Wed prayer meeting. The mandarin service member sat in the front seat while the rest of them sat in the back seat. Here's what she said after they all got into her car:

LH: Only 3 people can sit at the back leh, heh heh.

Why even offer to drive them home if you're so unhappy and unwilling to?



Example No. 3

This is what I experienced, first hand. LH's recruiting new tutors for year 2006, and she conveniently enters MY name into her tuition programme (to help give tuition on Saturdays) without even asking me if I wanted to involve myself in the tution ministry.



Example No. 4

Poor Lucy. She's suffering so much from her health problems already, and yet has to tolerate with LH at work. This is what happened last Friday.

LH: Lucy ah, how come the accounts are done this way?

Lucy: I asked Pastor about it already, and he wants me to continue doing it the old way. (The way Uncle Kim Yeow had been doing it)

LH, unsatisfied, continues questioning and pressing Lucy. She wants the accounting to be done her way but doesn't want to ask Pastor if it can be done that way. She wants to use Lucy as a scapegoat, but obviously Lucy isn't so stupid. They end up quarelling, because LH raises her voice at Lucy. Lucy is angry and raises her voice as well. LH then complains to Pastor later, saying that Lucy had raised her voice against her. Lucy hears it and defends herself.

Lucy: If you can raise your voice, why can't I raise my voice? What's the difference?



Example No. 5

Uncle Jeremy, Jon and my dad were having a meal at the coffeeshop outside of BEC just before the mandarin service commenced. Jon and my dad are planning the evening's activities. All of a sudden, LH pops out and told my dad...

LH: I thought/heard you are staying for the mandarin service?

Dad: Since when did I say I was going to stay for the mandarin service?

I mean, what would people think of my dad if she had told others that my father was going to turn up for the mandarin service, and then they realized that my father had gone out instead? My father never said he was going to stay for the mandarin service. Not that he has stayed back before, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/73117/07_Fields_of_Gold.wma" >