Bloglogger Lair

Me. My thoughts. And they won't kill.

AUTHOR: DLAUPOSER
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Why Are They All Leaving? Part 2

Maybe I wasn't precise enough in my previous post entitled "Why Are They All Leaving?", so I shall be more straightforward this time.

These are the issues I would like to raise:

1. I did not specifically blog about what Kelvin is going through. I am only citing his case as an example of how certain people in BEC are negative-minded when they should be encouraging one another. I would call them pessimists. Has anyone who demanded Kelvin's 100% commitment ever praised him for being a regular? I don't think so. But behold, one absence due to work commitments and he's given a lecture. A better way of highlighting this issue to Kelvin would be something like, "Dear Kelvin, I know you've been very consistent for JY. Keep up the good work. Don't let your job affect your good work." Now isn't that more tactful?

2. Look at the way most guest speakers encourage our congregation. And then compare the way they talk to the way some of our leaders talk. Totally different man! One's encouraging and positive; the other negative and stiff. How on earth some think they would be able to encourage others to grow in spiritual maturity by being negative is totally beyond me.

3. Kelvin does not owe anyone a living. If he has to work, or chooses to work on a Saturday at the expense of JY, so be it. Whether or not he has been taking leave frequently is not the point. If he so wishes to work on Saturdays to compensate for the times he has not been around, it is his choice. Nobody has the right to question or lecture him about it. Period.

4. If there is any chance my previous post will "lead people away from Christian fellowship", I think there is an immensely greater chance that a lot more have already been conned into thinking that the fault must lie with those who left, because they "mistook the devil's voice for the Lord's voice". This, however, is not true since I've heard some state the true reasons behind their departure. Like I've already mentioned, this is because certain remarks passed by some of the leaders are so needless, tactless and hurtful. I think we will do well to consider the real problem rather than deceive ourselves into thinking it's due to another reason altogether.

Still don't get it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/73117/07_Fields_of_Gold.wma" >