Bloglogger Lair

Me. My thoughts. And they won't kill.

AUTHOR: DLAUPOSER
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

Friday, February 17, 2006

End Of Another Journey

Today's the last day of school. We've come to the end of another semester.

So sad... I'll definitely miss certain modules, sigh...

I guess lecturers play an important part in making modules interesting and unforgettable. The good ones are able to inspire you, and then naturally you just want to do your best for that module, even if you are weak at that particular subject. They are the ones who encourage you and stand by you when you need it the most. In short, they are people who are able to bring the best out of others.

On the other hand, there are the teachers who suck so bad, you totally lose interest even though you were once motivated to do well for the particular subject.

Come to think of it, teaching is really much more than just teaching, isn't it?

So it's not just about treasuring the things learnt this semester, but also the unique relationship I've enjoyed with certain lecturers. All my lecturers except one have been great this semester. Ultimately, I enjoyed Media Law and Ethical Dilemmas the most. Law was my first love - how can I not enjoy it? I enjoyed studying the elements, the defences, the remedies. Everything about media law rocks.

Today our media law lecturer Mr Vinod advised us individually on the marks we have earned so far this semester. I did quite okay - 77.5%. Now I wanna go for broke for the exams so I can earn an A for Media Law.

Mr Vinod once told us "some things lecturers say to students, should not be said at all". This stemmed from someone's comment that he was "one of the few lecturers who spoke to students in a civilised manner".

I think Mr. Vinod is right. Many teachers think they're the bosses, and can say anything they like since they are the ones calling the shots. But they forget maintaining a good relationship and earning the respect of students is like half the battle won.

Ethical Dilemmas was unforgettable too. While I believe I have done well enough to receive an A for this module, I enjoyed participating and listening to what others had to say on controversial topics, and airing my thoughts on the discussion boards and would gladly do it all over again if I could.

See what I mean? Good lecturers make a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/73117/07_Fields_of_Gold.wma" >