Bloglogger Lair

Me. My thoughts. And they won't kill.

AUTHOR: DLAUPOSER
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

Monday, March 20, 2006

SPL#1 - Beijing Trip (4-11Mar 06) Day 6

Time for Xia to take a break after entertaining me for five consecutive days. It’s free and easy day today!

I decided that I would explore the city today and enjoy the simple pleasures in having the cold wind blow in my face. There’s this awful realization that I would be going back in two days, and I wanted to enjoy the weather there as much as I could. I always welcome cold weather, after being roasted all these years under Singapore’s hot and humid climate.


Gloomy mood, gloomy skies.. Time to go home soon


I went to the Hong Kong restaurant downstairs at 11am for a meal. I thought they would serve tim sum since it’s a HK restaurant but I was wrong. Ended up ordering two dishes which looked good on the menu, but tasted like s***. Imagine cuttlefish ‘you tiao’ dressed with a weird mix of mayo and whatever that Japanese chilli’s called. Don’t think I would end up in this predicament if Xia was with me, heh.

In the afternoon, I explored the city on foot. And I do mean aimless wandering. There’s nothing scenic, but just like I said all I wanted to do was enjoy the weather. I walked continuously until about 6pm or so, then took a cab back to my hotel.


Here's my laptop, home to my daily staple of DVD watching


Bought Yang Zhou fried rice and mushroom omelette for dinner. And as usual there’s the DVDs to go along with. Food plus entertainment can never go wrong. I watched Brokeback Mountain tonight, and I was like laughing my ass off. Seeing the actors kiss each other is the sickest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Anyway if ‘love is a force of nature’, I think it can be said my love for cold weather is a force of nature, too. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/73117/07_Fields_of_Gold.wma" >