Bloglogger Lair

Me. My thoughts. And they won't kill.

AUTHOR: DLAUPOSER
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Passion For Truth Part 7

Last week I was lectured for going for "cheap" fun.

So, going out with friends instead of witnessing your miserable messages is equivalent to going for "cheap" fun.

First of all, let me clarify. Going for "cheap" fun? Don't make it sound like I do that for a living. I work on weekdays just like any other normal person and I go out with friends on weekends. I think it is a balanced lifestyle and I am very happy with that.

"Cheap" fun is cheap to you because you don't have a life. You do not want to go out and enjoy yourself, that is your choice. But do not impose your choice on others. How would you like it if we criticised or manipulated what you did during your free time? And if you would not like it, what makes you think you have the right to dictate what others do during weekends?

But of course you're self-righteous and you'll say humans have a tendency to only listen to people who say what they like to hear. You imply that people do not listen to you because you often say things others do not like to hear. Well that's not true. The reason people do not listen to you is because what you require and expect from others is ridiculous, really.

When we have to work on weekends, you say we should not choose jobs that require us to work on weekends, and that we should tell our bosses that we are unable to work on weekends.

When we go out with friends occasionally on weekends at the expense of attending your miserable programmes, you say we are going for "cheap" fun.

When we study for our exams at the expense of attending your miserable programmes, we say we lack faith.

When we fall sick and are unable to attend your miserable programmes, you say we should not be so "soft".

Then what, just what on earth is an acceptable reason for not attending your miserable programmes? You expect 100% attendance, 100% commitment. Even if we are there 99% of the time, you'd rather fuss about the 1% absence than say good things about how we are so regular 99% of the time. What is it on earth that you want? Do you think you're older and wiser and therefore are unable to respect the decisions of others?

Know the BIG difference between you and many other people in BEC whom i respect very much? That is that they are able to respect the decisions of others while you don't! But I tell you, only people who knows how to respect the decisions of others deserve respect in return.

And then there's also the magic phrase - whatever you're telling us is for our own good. Yeah right, for our own good! Having to come without fail on weekends at the expense of health, work, study or that occasional outing with friends... for our own good? Having to follow that inflexible, rigid system of yours... for our own good?

If you tell me that I should slim down, I will accept. Because that is for my own good, no questions about that. But this, for my own good?

For our own good my foot! It is a bloody oppression, and oppression breeds anger! People attend programmes because they feel compelled to, and not because they want to.

I mean, let's face it. People have left because they didn't like your oppressive, inflexible, dictatorial style of leadership, and people will continue to leave because of this. Don't expect a change in the situation if you do not first correct your attitude.

And as for your remarks about me going for "cheap" fun and not putting my talents to good use in BEC, thank you very much but I think you can save them for yourself. Even if I wanted to achieve 100% attendance and commitment, it would not be at your pathetic programmes. And even if I wanted to put my talents to good use, I would not choose to work under such an unreasonable person like you.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/73117/07_Fields_of_Gold.wma" >