Bloglogger Lair

Me. My thoughts. And they won't kill.

AUTHOR: DLAUPOSER
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I Remember 63SIB

It has been more than a year since I ORD-ed so I thought I'd say I remember.

I remember the fun.

I remember the pains.

I remember how we would fall so strangely ill whenever we were required to attend life runs, but then "recover" strangely fast whenever we were given permission to play soccer.

I remember how we had to stop whatever we were doing to search for the brigade madman who had run away to hide somewhere in the building.

I remember how we were asked to assist in investigations when a brigade mate was "sentenced" to 40 days in the detention barracks for malingering.

I remember the brigade jersey and how we all wore it on the same day as a sign of unity. Except a few of course - those who didn't deserve to be part of us.

I remember making the calls. You know, the ones that landed you in hot soup, Rama? Oh yeah, bite me, now that you know who did it.

I remember taking those one hour naps inside our bunks during lunchtime and extending them whenever no officers were around.

I remember going for roti prata at Upper Thomson or KFC at Sembawang Plaza with my mates during lunchtime.

I remember how we ordered pizza on duty days, and consumed them while watching television or DVDs.

I remember how inefficient the army system was, and how it would take at least 8 months to complete a procedure which would have easily taken less than a month in the real working world.

I remember how we visited and posted on forums during office hours.

I remember how the downgrade to C9L3 landed me in 63SIB.

I remember the things worth remembering. Like these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/73117/07_Fields_of_Gold.wma" >