Bloglogger Lair

Me. My thoughts. And they won't kill.

AUTHOR: DLAUPOSER
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

Monday, September 05, 2005

A Taste Of The Tasty

Hello, we're into September already. Time really flies huh?

Anyway, my cousin's mother went to New York two weeks ago to
spend some time with her daughter who's currently on a scholarship
there. Now she comes back and tells me how I should go there to
work. According to a taxi driver she met in New York, one could
easily earn up to 6k a month being just a taxi driver.

And guess what? I couldn't agree more with my aunt. If the
opportunity arises, I'd surely go overseas to work. Not to third world
or undeveloped countries of course, but to countries where
democracy is not a "noun" but a "verb". Places where human rights
exist. Places where you're paid as you deserve because bosses
respect workers as fellow humans - not as slaves who should
be devoided of their rights just because they are paid.

My aunt tells me how beautiful the place is, and although I haven't
been there before, I can almost visualize it. But not beautiful in just
the physical aspects, I think.

Yeah I know how some people say the crime rate in these liberal
countries can be a real pain. But as journalism is meant to be
sensationalistic in nature, I refuse to take things literally. I have
many relatives and friends residing in such so-called dangerous
liberal countries but are still in one piece now. Looking at it, the
issue with the high crime rate might just be propaganda after all.
Read between the lines - the fact that someone doesn't want you to
leave means they might well fabricate stories to dissuade you from
leaving.

Who has a right to call you a "quitter" anyway?
We leave for other countries = quitters... and
People who leave for our country = FOREIGN TALENTS?!!?!

It's just good for us to get out of our well and see what other countries
have to offer. Sometimes we're so brainwashed we think Singapore is
the world and the world is Singapore. Fiction, unfortunately, can
never become facts.

And that is just too bad!

2 Comments:

Blogger pearline L. said...

and what's wrong with singapore? overseas here overseas there. u are being fed til this size in singapore!. lol. joking... don be offended.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Celine Jessandra said...

Yeah they always say US is a beautiful place. No wonder ppl like Jianwei wants to go over. He's gone btw haha.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/73117/07_Fields_of_Gold.wma" >