Bloglogger Lair

Me. My thoughts. And they won't kill.

AUTHOR: DLAUPOSER
LOCATION: SINGAPORE

Friday, February 08, 2008

Lunar New Year

How time flies.. I'm almost halfway into my 5.5 days break from work already!

Went to my maternal grandmother's place for reunion dinner on Wednesday night. Her steamboat soup is MILES better than the steamboat soup my paternal relatives used to prepare, mainly because she ensures the soup is tasty before it even goes into the steamboat. The soup my paternal relatives prepare is way too bland for my liking and it's like you can only taste the soup after the steamboat ingredients are put in.

My cousin brought his newly bought PS3 along so after dinner we played FIFA 08. I thought the graphics were better than Winning Eleven 2008, although some of the in-game features were not as good.

Then on the first day of the lunar new year I only woke up at 11am because I had slept at 3am the night before. Half day gone already... so I quickly prepared myself and hurried down to my relative's place to do the usual visitation, have lunch and resume our FIFA 08 tournament.

And on a sidenote, I wonder how Lunar New Year gatherings are going to be like for the next generation. You see, currently most of us have large extended families since in the past, every couple easily had at least six or seven children each. Which means you have more cousins who have fun together with you as you grow up, and which in turn also adds to the warmth and spirit of CNY.

These days our families have watered down so much in size, to the sole child, or two children, or maybe three each. It's really a pity future generations may not enjoy the same atmosphere and fun a large extended family brings during the festive season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<bgsound src="http://www.blogupload.com/73117/07_Fields_of_Gold.wma" >